Looking To Protect Your Almonds From Nematodes?
Plan it right with Precise Defense from Bayer and Netafim™ USA
Bayer and Netafim™ USA are teaming up to deliver a one–two punch to yield-busting nematodes with the new Precise Defense program.
New Precise Defense Program
Velum® One Nematicide
- Proven nematode suppression in almonds
- Increase canopy area and trunk growth in new almond plantings2
- Increase yields by an average of 18% in California almond trials3
Netafim Precision Drip Irrigation Technology
- Delivers Velum One directly to the root zone
- Maximizes residual efficacy through uniform application rates
Aligns with Almond Board of California Almond Orchard 2025 Sustainability Goals
- Using Bayer’s Soil Nematode Analysis Program (SNAP) growers are fulfilling the goal of implementing precision diagnostic technology to increase the adoption of environmentally friendly pest management tools by 25%
- Grower investment in cutting edge technology from Netafim improves irrigation uniformity, a major factor in reducing the amount of water used to grow a pound of almonds by 20%
Program Qualifications and Rebates
To Qualify for Rebates
Purchase a complete Netafim Dual Line Drip Irrigation System from an authorized dealer and purchase two annual applications of Velum One from an authorized retailer to Earn Rebates.
- Earn $20 Rebate/Acre from Netafim USA for Dual Line Drip Irrigation System
- Earn $20 Rebate/Acre from Bayer after making two applications of Velum One
Recognizing the increased pressure nematodes are putting on California almond growers, Industry leaders, Bayer and Netafim USA have partnered to create a comprehensive solution utilizing drip irrigation as a delivery system for Velum One, and other crop protection chemicals. The initial product of this partnership is the “Precise Defense” program.
- Velum One treated trees showed 58% increase in canopy area.
- Velum One treated trees exhibited 11.2% increase in trunk growth compared to UTC (untreated control).
- Pre-count showed low levels of root knot and pin
Low Tree Vigor
Reduced Water & Nutrient Uptake
345 lb/acre Average Reduction in Yield
* Complete system definition includes Driplines, Filters, Control Valves, Automation, and Chemigation machines.
** In order to be eligible for rebate payment, proof of Velum One purchase needs to be submitted to Netafim USA each year.
Please enter your details below and a representative will contact you shortly.
1California Department of Food and Agriculture 2015 Specialty Crop Block Grant Program Project Abstracts, 2015.
2BCS Internal Demo Trials: Fresno, California, 2017.
3BCS Internal Demo Trials (13 total): San Joaquin Valley, California, 2016-2018.
ALWAYS READ AND FOLLOW PESTICIDE LABEL DIRECTIONS. Not all products are registered in all states and may be subject to use restrictions. The distribution, sale, or use of an unregistered pesticide is a violation of federal and/or state law and is strictly prohibited. Check with your local dealer or representative for the product registration status in your state. Bayer, Bayer Cross and Velum® are registered trademarks of Bayer Group. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. For additional product information call toll-free 1-866-99-BAYER (1-866-992-2937) or visit our website at www.BayerCropScience.us. Bayer CropScience LP, 800 North Lindbergh Boulevard, St. Louis, MO 63167. ©2021 Bayer Group. All rights reserved.